We plan on blogging about the process and work we are doing. While our last attempts at maintaining a blog were not totally successful, we now know what it takes and are going to make a HUGE effort to post things regularly! The tech aspect of blogging is coming together nicely so we shouldn’t be able to procrastinate like we did with ‘The Story of Eight.’ We can post while at rehearsal and keep things updated regularly!
As for the new project, the tentative title is ‘Babble.’ Referencing the Tower of Bable, we are interested in words, meaning, context, miscommunication, confusion, gibberish, etc. To start off, we played some surrealist word games to generate words and phrases. Without thinking or planning, we each generated a word in a sentence or an answer to a question we didn’t know was being asked. We will use some of these phrases to generate movement and see where it takes us. Here are a few things we’ve come up with:
- A curly lip hastily holds the tomb.
- The panther drinks the window.
- A dreamy dream softly dips into the wardrobe.
- Where are my underpants? They are waiting for you, if you just keep walking without looking too hard.
- What is the difference between you and me? It’s a matter of perspective.
- What do red cars do? Take a left, follow the bus, then stop under the jacaranda tree.
- What is falling? It’s a different path, longer, rockier, but the destination is the same.